Team Manager duties
- Liaises with club, players, parents, coach and officials to ensure players are properly dressed and informed of training, games and events
- Checks the managers’ box at the clubhouse each week at training
- Ensures all players are registered (have paid their fees)
- Completes and files the scoresheet and player movement dockets (the scoresheet should be posted in the brown letter box at the north end of the clubhouse by 4pm on match day.)
- Is in charge of officials vests on match day
- Understands and promotes the players’ and parents’ codes of conduct
- Puts player safety first at all times
- Encourages and rosters parents to bring oranges, wash jerseys, do fundraising and assist in the canteen when required
On training night
- Check the managers’ box at the clubhouse
- Ensure the club has your and your team’s correct contact information (including email address)
- If you need a referee for a home game (U6-U9) please arrange this at reception
On match day
- Locate field
- If at home, delegate a parent to set up pitch
- Locate sports med. If there is no Sports Medicine person available, advise the Field Marshall immediately
- Ensure all players are registered
- Ensure all players are wearing appropriate clothing
- Check all match and team officials have the appropriate qualifications
- Set up roster for half time oranges and jersey washing
- Encourage parents to do their bit for fund raising and helping out at the club
Completing the scorebook is a requirement of Norths‘ participation in the Brisbane Junior Rugby Union competitions. An empty scorebook will be issued to each team at the beginning of the season.
The following sections should be completed for each match:
- Team name, colour and age group
- Players’ names in alphabetical order and dates of birth
- Signature of players for U13 upwards
- Names of manager and touch judge
- Signature of manager, opposition manager and match referee
It is always useful to check with the opposition manager at half time that your scores tally.
The scoresheet must be posted at the club house by 4pm on match day. Failure means the club will be fined and risks being withdrawn from the competition.
Player Movement Dockets (U13 and upwards)
Each time a player leaves the field and is replaced, the manager must complete a player movement docket. This is then handed to the opposition manager and noted on the scoresheet.